Photography: Tyrone Critchley
1 – Dumbbell Chest Press Triple Drop Set – 10/10/10, 10/10/10, 10/10/10
- All sets are triple drop sets. Perform 10 reps, reduce the weight and complete another 10 reps, then reduce the weight and do 10 more reps.
- 10 seconds of rest between sets – then hit it again!
- Regular tempo.
2 – Chest Press – 12/12/12
Supersetted with Resistance Band Flys – 10/10/10
- Regular tempo superset with resistance band lying on floor cable fly 10 pause reps.
- On the first and second superset, use a 2-second pause at the bottom of each rep on the banded flyes.
- On the third superset, use a 2-second pause at the top of each rep on the banded flyes.
3 – Decline Dumbbell Press – 20/10/8/10/20
Supersetted with Resistance Cable Band Push Ups – Reps until failure
- For push ups, put bands around the upper back and grab with hands so resistance band or tubing is across your back/rear delts, then push up. Go to knees when needed. Use light resistance band or small tubing.
- On first side of pyramid, use a 2-second pause at the bottom of each rep on the presses. On the second half use a 2-second pause at the top of each rep on the presses.
4 – Bent-Over Alternating One Arm Rows 10/10/10, 10/10/10, 10/10/10
- All sets are triple drop sets. Perform 10 reps, reduce the weight and complete another 10 reps, then reduce the weight and do 10 more reps – switch arms every drop set.
- Superset seated hammer grip rows 3 sets 10 reps ** 30 second rest between supersets ** then complete again ** each rep should have a 2 second pause with squeeze and contract at the top for both exercises **
5 – Giant Set (complete each exercise back to back, 30 second rest, 3 sets total)
G1 – Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 10/10/10
G2 – Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown 10/10/10
G3 – Forward Grip Shoulder Width Lat Pulldown 10/10/10
- 2 second pause at top, 3 second hold and squeeze at bottom
- Focus on letting the elbows move the weight, allowing the back to contract each rep.