- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1-2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- ¼ cup tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 medium orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tsps balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsps pomegranate juice
1. Steam or blanch green beans until fork-tender: five minutes for small beans, as much as 15 minutes for larger beans. If making ahead, drain and store in cold water.
2. In a large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook over low heat until translucent. Turn up heat slightly and caramelize onions until golden, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add dried cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, and pomegranate juice. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Just before serving, add the beans, toss to coat, and heat through.