Recipes By Russ Crandall
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Protein: 51 g
Carbs: 23 g
Fat: 29 g
Slurry in a Hurry
(Makes 1 batch)
1 tbsp arrowroot starch
1 tbsp cold water
1. In a small bowl, stir together arrowroot starch and cold water to create a paste.
2 tbsp slurry
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp tamari
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cups snow peas
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup unsalted roasted cashews
1. Prepare slurry and set aside.
2. Combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
3. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, then reduce heat to gently simmer; stir occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the chicken and stir-fry until cooked through and slightly crispy, about four minutes.
6. Stir in sauce and bring to a simmer.
7. Add the snow peas, bell pepper, and onion and simmer until brightly coloured, about 30 seconds.
8. Add the cashews and pour in half of the slurry; stir until thickened, adding more if needed.
9. Remove from heat and serve.
Quick Tip: If you don’t have a skillet big enough to fit all the chicken, prepare it in batches, keeping the cooked chicken warm in an oven preheated to 200°F.