Orangetheory Fitness’ National Fitness Director, Michele Nesbitt, is helping us get ready for the busy holiday season by strengthening our triceps. To finish the year off strong, Michele chose TRX triceps as the December Move of the Month. Not only does this exercise target the triceps but also works shoulders, biceps, forearms and core
Michele tells us the great thing about the TRX triceps is you use your bodyweight to change the intensity of the exercise making it adaptable for a beginner to an elite exerciser!
Check out the steps below for the perfect TRX triceps technique to focus on over the holidays:
- Start with your arms straight out so that your elbows are in line with your shoulders and palms facing down.
- Bracing your core, bend at the elbows 90 degrees bringing your hands to your forehead and then slowly straighten your elbows by pressing your body away from your arms.
- Focus on keeping your elbows pointing forward and neutral wrists and avoid moving the upper arms.
- Your body should remain in a neutral position throughout.
- You have the option to walk your feet away from the anchor point or staggered stance (one foot in line from head to heels, one foot behind).
- If you are up for a challenge, try walking your feet towards the anchor point.
- Avoid bending at the waist, sagging or arching lower back or hips.
Expert Insight: For a proper form and best results, face away from the anchor with your feet shoulder width apart, there should be a straight line from head to heels. Have a slight pinch of the shoulder blades, armpits down, shoulders away from the ears, navel to spine with core engaged.